We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Possibility to build do-it-yourself arched greenhouse more and more often attracts summer residents and gardeners, despite the fact that these structures can be bought ready-made.
What are the advantages of choosing, and what is needed to implement the project?
Design advantages and disadvantages
Benefits The "arches" are obvious and undeniable:
- installing it will cost cheaper and will take less timethan installation of a greenhouse as a "house";
- good illumination... An order of magnitude higher than, for example, in pitched greenhouses;
- stability and reliability... If the structure is properly fixed to the foundation, neither strong wind nor heavy rainfall will violate its integrity;
- greenhouse if necessary can always be lengthenedby adding missing sections;
- as a covering material you can use both polycarbonate and film... The installation process of the latter takes a minimum of time;
- hence another advantage follows - minimum number of seams;
- opportunity assemble the frame yourself according to preliminary sketches or drawings;
- easily transferred to another piece of landif necessary.
Of course limitations this design also has. And it's better to know about them in advance:
- limited choice of materials for shelter... As mentioned above, this is polycarbonate and film. In theory, glass can also be used. But it will be difficult to perform its installation technologically, hence another drawback - higher installation costs;
- in an arched greenhouse, the angle of inclination of the walls may slightly change in relation to the sun's rays. And when on clear days the light bounces off the surface plants do not receive the heat they need for growthas well as energy.
What kind of framework can I use?
Frames for arched greenhouses can be classified by type of material used, namely:
- aluminum... They are distinguished by a long service life and unpretentious maintenance, since they do not rot or rust. No additional staining is required;
- wooden... Recently, they have been used less and less, since the material itself needs to be additionally processed before use, in particular - soak with special compounds against fungi, rotting, etc. Otherwise, the structure (arched greenhouse) will quickly deteriorate and fall apart corny;
- PVC... Also, like the aluminum frame, it does not lend itself to decay processes, the negative effects of acids, chemicals, as well as other alkalis and fertilizers. Plus, it has an attractive, aesthetic appearance;
- other metal frames.
The latter can be classified into the following groups:
- frameworks from a profile pipe... An arched greenhouse made of a profile pipe, built with your own hands, is reliable (they can withstand a large amount of precipitation in the form of falling snow, rain), they are assembled quickly, they do not need special care;
Note! If you build arched greenhouses and use a non-all-welded frame made of a shaped pipe, the maximum load on it will be much less - up to 40 kg / m. sq. snow.
- from a hat profile... Durable, durable, corrosion resistant. Convenient to transport: sheets of polycarbonate 2, 1 m long. Easily rolled into a roll. But such a frame may not withstand heavy rainfall;
- from the corner... Very durable, withstands snow pressure up to 100 kg / m2. The only drawback is the high cost.
Choosing a material for making arches under an arch
DIY greenhouse arches must comply with a number of parameters, namely:
- easy to mount;
- have a long service life;
- be easy to use.
In this regard, the following types of products are presented on the market:
- metal arcs for the greenhouse. Very heavy, but reliable. Installed quickly and easily. Ensure high strength of the finished structure;
- plastic arches for the greenhouse. They are very durable and resistant to all kinds of weather conditions (snow, rain);
- PVC greenhouse arches - an analogue of plastic models, although many experts try to separate them into a separate category, and find single non-intersecting characteristics. But, by and large, both in terms of price and quality, they are identical.
The process of making arcs for the frame
- We hammer in stakes around the perimeter of the future greenhouse. note: they should protrude 13-16 cm above ground level.
- We install curved pipes on top.
Note! It is important to maintain the spacing between the arcs to avoid any possible sagging. The optimal distance is 0.5 m.
- We select metal rods that freely enter the pipes.
- We cut (0.6 m in length).
- We drive it 20 cm into the ground, and leave 40 above the ground.
- We put plastic pipes on metal rods.
How to make wooden arcs for a greenhouse with your own hands? It is most convenient to make directly on the frame of the future structure or on a plane, according to a pre-selected template. Wooden arches must be carefully finished, do not have knots on its surface. Optimal thickness - up to 12 mm.
The photo below shows an arched greenhouse made of wood:
You can even use 10mm wire, which is most often sold in the construction markets in rings. You can cut it into equal parts using a grinder.
Arcs PVC-profile and fiberglass
- we draw a bend on a flat surface or create, if possible, a template using a simple wire;
- we warm up the profile with a construction hair dryer (the recommended temperature is up to 180 ° C);
- at the next stage, carefully bend the arcs, according to the template.
Note! You can bend the profile without heating. But in this case, it is important to ensure a stable internal tension in it.
Arcs made of steel
Very durable and reliablebut relatively expensive. To make them yourself, you need to use a welding machine. The production of steel arches for greenhouses should be carried out in the following order:
- we measure half arcs and select a pipe with a length twice as long;
- cut into 2 equal parts;
- we define the pipe that will act as the top of the structure. Directly to it we weld tees on the outskirts, and along the length - crosses (we observe an interval of 0.5 m);
- weld the elements cut off with a cross to the pipe going up;
- weld two more tees to the arc where the doorway will be;
- we weld all the arcs provided for by the design, with the exception of the extreme ones, to the greenhouse walls;
- align the greenhouse lengthwise;
- we fix it with a transverse pipe and 2 tees for door pillars;
- cover the frame with a film.
Drawing of an arched greenhouse from a profile pipe:
How to calculate the arc length for a greenhouse?
To calculate the optimal arc size for the greenhouse, first of all, determine bed width... Let's take 1m as an example. It is necessary to calculate the arc for an arched greenhouse in the following sequence:
- We equate the width of the future structure to the diameter of half of the arc. In this case, the height of the greenhouse will be equal to the radius. I.e:
R = D / 2 = 1m / 2 = 0.5m.
- Now we calculate the length of the arc as half the length of a circle whose diameter is 1 m.
L = 0.5x * πD = 1.57 m.
If, when starting the project, it turned out that the optimal arc length is not known, as well as the part of the circle that it makes up, you can calculate the arc for the greenhouse using the Huygens formula, which looks like this:
|p||≈||2l||+||2l - L 3|
AB = L
AM = l
AB, AM and MB are chords.
The error of the result is up to 0.5% in case the arc AB contains 60 °. But this indicator drops sharply if you decrease the angular measure. For instance, for an arc of 45 °, the error is only 0.02%.
Place on the site... The greenhouse must be oriented east to west: This will provide more sunlight for the plants. You can read more about the rules for the location of greenhouses by following the link.
Foundation type... If you intend to use the greenhouse only for the season, a lightweight construction without a foundation will do. For spring-summer - the best option. In all other cases, you can choose:
- strip monolithic foundation;
- strip point foundation;
- prefabricated strip foundation made of reinforced concrete blocks.
As for the depth of the bookmark, this parameter largely depends on the climatic conditions of your region.
Consider the simplest method of how to build arched greenhouses with a frame made of PVC pipes and wooden elements under a film with your own hands.
You need to prepare the following tools:
- scissors (although you can get by with a knife);
- welding machine;
- plumb line;
- ax, saw;
- wooden bars;
- self-tapping screws;
- polyethylene film;
Start off the manufacture of the structure is needed directly from the end walls:
- we knock down a wooden trapezoidal frame;
- we attach a PVC pipe to it using a screwdriver and self-tapping screws;
- we carry out production of ends in accordance with the selected construction plan. For example, the optimal solution for an average greenhouse would be 3.5 m wide, 5 m long, 2.5 m high;
- the second end wall is manufactured in the same manner in the same sequence;
- we cover both frames with a film. You need to cut it off with a margin for fastening;
- we mount the rest of the structure. For this purpose, we drive the posts from the reinforcement into the ground;
- we set the columns on the level and attach the end frames to them;
- we pull the cord on both sides of the structure. This will allow you to install the side ribs evenly, without distortions;
- on the sides of the end walls with an interval of 1 m, we drive in the reinforcement;
- at the next stage, we attach PVC pipe arches to it;
- we fix the structural elements using wire anchors, as well as self-tapping screws;
- we cover the frame with plastic wrap, fixing the ends on a wooden plank.
Of course, building a greenhouse involves a certain investment of time and effort on your part. But if the structure is installed in compliance with all the recommendations of experts, you will provide yourself with high profits due to large yields even in colder months.
You can see visually how film greenhouses of an arched structure are made in the video.