We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Every novice gardener inevitably faces the question of construction of a greenhouse for growing vegetables... In the open field, they simply do not have time to ripen to an edible maturity.
The joke about the "land of eternally green tomatoes" is one of those with some truth in it. In addition, you want early vegetables and greens. For this, it does not hurt to learn more about the mini greenhouse on the windowsill.
In this article we will talk about frame greenhouses and improvised means for making them with our own hands.
A huge number of firms are engaged in the sale of greenhouses and greenhouses; the same models can be bought from manufacturers for cheaper. But many people choose to build their own greenhouse.
Let's take a closer look at how to make a greenhouse with your own hands at home? With the necessary materials, tools and some skills, this is quite possible.
At the very beginning is decide on your financial capabilities and decide what materials an important object will be made of. This applies equally to the greenhouse frame and its covering.
Choosing from a variety of options for the shape, size, layout of windows and doors, the following requirements are laid as the basis:
- Greenhouse frame must be rigid and durable fasteners, this allows it to withstand seasonal temperature fluctuations, gusts of wind and heavy snow cover in winter, which will invariably create an additional load on the structure;
- Massive elements should be absent or minimized so as not to reduce the illumination;
- If it is necessary to frequently disassemble the greenhouse, it is necessary to provide for a low weight of materials and ease of dismantling.
Having decided on all the requirements, we study the market for materials for the construction of the frame and covering material for the greenhouse.
A wooden greenhouse is the most affordable, convenient and low in price... When working independently, it can be easily processed without requiring special skills or additional professional equipment. It is environmentally friendly, the design is lightweight.
But there are also disadvantages, one of which is its rotting tendency... Special treatment with antiseptic agents is required, and it must be repeated periodically. In addition, wood materials can be affected by fungal diseases or pests.
All applied means of protection against these factors must be made on an organic basis, not emit toxic substances, so as not to harm the crops grown.
If you are a supporter of environmental solutions, this is your material. It is only necessary to provide in the design as few joints and connections as possible, which will help to avoid excessive accumulation of moisture in them.
Wooden lathing needs to be processedotherwise it will tear the film when coated. Of course, a greenhouse built of valuable species of tropical trees will stand for decades, but this option is so expensive that it cannot even be considered theoretically.
Made by made of steel pipes greenhouses are reliable and stable... If you choose this material, then welding skills will come in very handy. But such greenhouses are installed quickly. Good pipes with a galvanized surface, as well as a greenhouse made of fiberglass reinforcement, their service life is longer. Although it is possible to coat steel pipes with a special compound.
Lightweight and easy to work with, durable. In the greenhouse frame, it provides high rigidity, the structure can withstand heavy loads.
All parts in it are connected with a household rivet or nuts through special holes. Drilling and sawing is easy.
Despite all the advantages, greenhouses are built from this material not so often due to the high price. And if you decide to make such a greenhouse, video material will help you with this.
Very modern stuff. The frame is lightweight, durable, does not require additional processing, does not rot and corrode. Flexible plastic besides can take different forms, it is convenient for the construction of arched and gable roofs, as well as for greenhouses from a drywall profile.
Plastic greenhouses are not very common; they can only be considered seriously when building compact greenhouses. Due to their lightness, they must be attached to the foundation or to the ground.
Good for solid frame greenhouses built for more than one decade. A reinforced metal greenhouse frame will require a strip foundation.
The untreated surface must be painted, pre-treated with phosphoric acid and a metal primer. If the profiles are galvanized, then it is necessary to process the joints and cuts.
See the video below for the manufacture of metal frames for greenhouses.
Sometimes there are recommendations for the use of galvanized profiles for indoor use in the construction of greenhouses. Practice has shown that it is not bad for its intended use, but in buildings for protected ground, due to the increased humidity in them, its advantages are reduced to zero. Within a year rust appears from under the zinc coating, after another one or two years, the design is suitable only for scrapping.
Reliable material for a solid construction. With his help, you can build single-slope, gable and any other greenhouses, except for arched ones.
It will withstand the snow load, and stormy wind, and other vagaries of the weather. Suitable for the creation of collapsible and stationary structures.
To greatly simplify the side of the greenhouse, it is better to buy perforated corners.
And to increase the service life of the metal, you need to make a foundation. So the greenhouse from the corner will be less in contact with the ground and corroded.
Particularly economical and skilled gardeners adapt the pipes discarded after the repair of the water supply system as a building material. Their durability is amazing, they are smooth, so there is no need for film pads.
Flexibility allows you to build any arched shape. Greenhouses made of this material, built in spring, delight all summer and autumn, before the start of serious snowfalls. The very first drifts on the roof will push the greenhouse with their weight, and it will fold like an accordion, and the covering material will be irretrievably damaged.
You can, of course, build small greenhouses and hotbeds from PVC and remove them for the winter. Or, using supports and other elements, add rigidity to the structure, if you are not afraid of the extra costs of money and time. Our video for a visual overview will help you.
Coating materials: cost and characteristics
The artificial climate in greenhouse structures should be comfortable. This is influenced not only by the ventilation system, watering and lighting, but also by the properties of the material, which
construction is covered.
The glass used for this purpose is very good light transmission, resistant to temperature changes... It has a high degree of thermal insulation, resistant to aggressive chemicals and abrasive powders.
Wherein he has no less flaws:
- The large weight of the material requires heavy and durable structures;
- Brittleness - cracks from blows of hail and large accumulations of snow;
- Does not filter infrared rays;
- It takes a lot of time and skill to glaze a greenhouse.
Smooth, thick (from 4 mm) glass is required, without tint.
Wide frames will provide high transparency to the walls and roof, but will be more vulnerable to damage and more expensive to repair.
The film is very affordable and for this reason popular... It is highly transparent and diffuses light gently. The disadvantages include the rapid wear of inexpensive brands, the formation of condensation on the inside of the greenhouses, which creates favorable conditions for the development of bacterial and fungal plant diseases.
Types of films
- The most budgetary one is polyethylene, presented in rolls in the form of a sleeve or a single-layer canvas. The slightest cut or gap increases rapidly, which requires caution in work. It is better to seal the places of contact with the frame and kinks with ordinary tape. Serves 1-2 years.
- Polyvinyl chloride - more expensivebut also the quality is higher. Possesses good thermal insulation, retains about 90% of infrared radiation. With proper care, it will last up to 7 years.
- Reinforced greenhouse is inexpensive - thanks to the frame inside made of dissimilar materials (fiberglass, polyethylene, polypropylene) it lasts 3-4 years.
One of the most suitable modern materials for greenhouses.
Cellular polycarbonate lengthens when heated... Therefore, it is better to cover the greenhouse in cool weather, but not lower than + 10 ° C, and overlap the sheets. See the video below for how to do this.
Features of the
- The material is durable and wear-resistant, weighs less glass, high thermal insulation qualities;
- The good light transmission of cellular polycarbonate is due to multiple refraction of sunlight. Evenly distributed light is very favorable for the development and fruiting of greenhouse plants;
- Material flexibility very convenient for covering arched and tunnel greenhouses;
- Convenient to work, easy to cut and drill;
- The well thought-out design, reinforced with rigid ribs, will withstand hail, snow and wind.
- No need to take off for the winter.
It is best to choose polycarbonate sheets with a thickness of 5-8 mm, the service life of foreign-made material of these parameters reaches up to 20 years. The value for money in this case is optimal. The best polycarbonate greenhouses, you will be convinced of this if you follow our advice.
How to make a frame for a greenhouse with your own hands?
What can be used to make this structure for novice gardeners, what material is more suitable for your site? Let us examine these issues and, for example, make a greenhouse from a galvanized profile.
DIY polycarbonate greenhouse design will strong enough with low weight, resistant to external influences, it is permissible to install it directly on the prepared soil, it is easy to disassemble and move.
In general, it will be a cheap greenhouse, made with your own hands and soul, as you can see in the photo.
- First, decide how the greenhouse will look like with your own hands from scrap materials. Enjoy the planning process itself, take into account all the disadvantages and advantages of the relief of the land plot, moreover, the first must be compensated, the second must be used.
- Draw up drawings and diagrams taking into account the desired dimensions and shape of the frame.
- We stock up on the right amount of materials and tools. You will need: rack-mount galvanized profile, guides, self-tapping screws with flat heads.
- You also need a tape measure, a level, a screwdriver, metal scissors.
- We prepare the site by clearing the ground from debris and leveling the ground.
- We mark the installation site, if necessary, we make the foundation.
- Not far from the place where the greenhouse will be, we begin work.
- For the manufacture of frame racks, we divide them into pieces of the required length in accordance with the size of the greenhouse, length and width.
- First, we assemble the base, all other elements are attached to it.
- End pieces for greater convenience we assemble together with the doorway on a flat area, and then we attach to the frame
In order not to make frequent repairs, plan to build a greenhouse immediately, cheaply and reliably, based on the knowledge of the disadvantages and advantages of the materials that you intend to use. Also, to extend the service life, you need to know how to care for and prepare a polycarbonate greenhouse for the new season.
Each gardener has his own ideas about how his site and buildings on it will look like. We can only tell from what to make a greenhouse inexpensively with our own hands, and also show it visually.
Experiment with materials, shape, and installation principles. But do not forget to approach everything carefully, having studied all the pros and cons of modern materials and technologies.