We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Correct and timely feeding of pepper seedlings at home is a prerequisite for obtaining healthy, strong seedlings.
Plants that have received all the necessary trace elements at an early stage of development form a powerful root system and are able to adapt in the future to adverse environmental influences.
The topic of today's article is pepper seedlings: how to feed, how to feed pepper seedlings, chemical and folk remedies.
How to feed pepper seedlings for growth?
The decision on the first feeding of pepper seedlings to each gardener must be made, focusing on the composition of the soil in which he sowed the seeds. If special soil was used for seedlings of peppers and tomatoes, early feeding is not needed... The composition of such a soil includes special additives that provide seedlings with nutrition at the earliest stages.
When to feed pepper seedlings? If sowing was carried out in ordinary garden soil, the first feeding is carried out after the appearance of the first two true leaves... It should be borne in mind that it is at this time that the pepper pick is carried out. If the procedure has taken place, then feeding is postponed for 14 days.
For the first fertilizer, a mixture of urea (0.5 tsp) and potassium humate (2.5 ml) is prepared. Also, for the first feeding, a mixture of ammonium nitrate (0.5 g), superphosphate (3 g), potassium (1 g) is suitable. This amount is dissolved in a liter of water.
The second feeding is necessary after 14-15 days.... We take the same composition of the mineral mixture, but double the dosage. Pepper sprouts have already matured a little and they need more nutrients.
The third procedure is carried out a week before the expected planting of pepper in the ground to a permanent place. During this period, the amount of potash fertilizer in the mixture increases - up to 8 g per liter.
If you are against feeding plants with chemical mixtures, you can use other methods, for example, feeding pepper seedlings with folk remedies:
- Nettle infusion - 100 ml, wood ash - 20-30 g per liter.
- Black tea... Sleeping tea leaves in the amount of 1 glass are poured with three liters of water and infused for 5 days.
- Banana peel... It contains a large amount of potassium, which has a beneficial effect on the growth of pepper. 2-3 copies are infused in three liters of water for three days. The strained infusion is watered with seedlings 2-3 times during the growing period.
- Egg shell infusion... Stimulates the growth and development of seedlings. In a three-liter jar, crushed shells are laid to a third of the height, filled with water and infused for three days. The solution is ready for use when the characteristic smell of hydrogen sulfide appears.
- Onion tincture... It is prepared from onion husks, infused for 4-5 days (20 g per 5 liters).
Why does pepper need iodine and yeast?
Feeding with iodine and yeast contribute to the development of plant resistance to various diseasesdue to its antiseptic effect.
If any fungus gets on the plants during the growing process, watering with iodine or yeast solution will prevent its reproduction.
For feeding pepper seedlings 1-2 drops of iodine are dissolved in a liter of water... You can also add 100 ml of whey to the solution.
Yeast feeding is carried out with a fermented solution. 100 g of live yeast and 125 g of sugar are added to a three-liter jar of water... At the end of the fermentation process, 15-20 ml is diluted in a liter of water and the seedlings are watered with a solution.
According to experienced vegetable growers, such dressings subsequently allow you to increase the number of flowers on plants, and, consequently, increase the yield.
IMPORTANT! Do not use fresh manure for feeding pepper seedlings, this plant does not tolerate it.
When using ready-made mixtures, it should be remembered that it it is better to underfeed than overfeed... An overabundance of micronutrients is more likely to damage plants than contribute to their development.
When choosing fertilizers for pepper seedlings, preference should be given to liquid forms... When using powders, they must first be diluted in water at the desired concentration. Young plants absorb the chelated form better; information about it can be found on the packaging.
IMPORTANT! When buying, be sure to pay attention to the information on whether it is possible to apply fertilizer for seedlings. The dosage for seedlings should be half that for adults.
Currently, a wide range of special mixtures for feeding seedlings of various crops or fertilizers for pepper are on sale. Experienced gardeners recommend how to fertilize pepper seedlings:
- Kemira-Lux... Specialized fertilizer for seedlings and flower crops. The dilution ratio is 1 g per liter for the first feeding, 2-3 g for the second.
- Kristalon... Growth and root formation stimulant. It is used in the form of a solution of 2 g per 1 liter for the second feeding. Blue - for seedlings using artificial lighting, white - when growing without lighting, red - against pulling plants in cloudy weather.
- Mixture "GUMI Kuznetsova". Contains nitrogen, phosphorus, sodium and potassium. It is a powerful stimulator of seedling growth, increases their resistance to stress. Used in an amount of 1 g per liter.
- Ideal... Promotes the development of the root system, increases the resistance to stress of plants and their resistance to various diseases. Diluted for the first feeding 0.5 ml per 1 liter, for the second - 1 ml per 1 liter.
- Orton Micro Fe... It is used for spraying in the phase of 3-4 leaves. Contains all trace elements necessary for vegetation. Increases plant immunity, activates photosynthesis. Diluted in a ratio of 1 g per 1 liter.
- Aquadon Micro... Polymer chelate complex.
So that the plants receive the maximum of useful substances and at the same time do not suffer, fertilization rules must be followed:
- The procedure is carried out in the morning.so that by the evening, when the temperature drops, the soil is already a little dry. Wet soil in cool hours can provoke the development of fungal diseases.
- Top dressing is carried out strictly under the root, without getting solutions on the leaves. If drops of fertilizer accidentally fall on the leaves and stems of the pepper, rinse them off with warm water.
- The water used to dilute the mixture must be warm.
- Any fertilizer is applied to wet soil.
- Between top dressing, the soil in the seedling boxes should be loosened regularly.
Signs of a lack of nutrition in plants
Observe the appearance of the plants. If you are using any fertilizer and any signs of wilting appear on the sprouts, change the composition of the mineral mixtures.
Discover, what substances are lacking in plants it is possible for the following manifestations:
- Lightening of the lower leaves - lack of nitrogen.
- Light upper leaves - iron deficiency.
- Withering leaves - lack of copper.
- Purple streaks on the leaves - a lack of phosphorus.
If you notice any of these signs, make an extra feeding with a high content of the desired mineral.
By applying top dressing of the desired composition at different periods of pepper development, you can grow healthy seedlings, which will quickly take root when planted in open ground.
So, we found out how and when to feed the seedlings of peppers, feeding with ready-made mixtures, why use iodine and yeast, gave recipes for folk dressings.
Read other articles on pepper seedlings:
- Correct cultivation from seeds and should they be soaked before planting?
- How to grow black peppercorns, chili, bitter or sweet at home?
- What are growth stimulants and how to use them?
- The main reasons why the leaves of the shoots curl, the seedlings fall or stretch, and also why the shoots die?
- Planting dates in the regions of Russia and the peculiarities of cultivation in the Urals, Siberia and the Moscow region.
- Learn the rules for planting bell and hot peppers, as well as how to dive sweet?
In this video - a practical instruction on how to feed pepper seedlings: