We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cabbage is one of the most popular crops among Russian vegetable growers, which is not inferior in demand to cucumbers, potatoes and tomatoes. This product can be eaten fresh all year round, it is enough to plant a certain variety of this plant on your site, which is suitable for fermentation and long-term storage.
Breeders each year release new varieties that are not subject to pests and diseases. Consider the most common varieties of cabbage suitable for long-term storage. You can also watch an interesting video on the topic.
The difference between late-ripening heads of cabbage from early ones
Recently, a lot of varieties of late cabbage have been bred for storage... What is the difference between late-ripening heads of cabbage? For example, early varieties are able to ripen in three months from the moment of germination, mid-ripening - in 4 months.
But late cabbage will take almost 6 months from the moment of planting the seeds to fully ripen. Due to its late ripening, it has the following qualities:
- long shelf life: can be kept fresh, in a cool room, until the next harvest;
- high productivity;
- transportability of heads of late varieties of cabbage is at the highest level;
- when pickling or salting, it retains all the taste, valuable vitamins and texture.
Attention: All late varieties of cabbage during storage not only do not lose their taste, but also significantly improve them. In addition, nitrates do not accumulate in heads of cabbage.
Recommended growing areas
Late-ripening cabbage is characterized by the duration of ripening... Therefore, it is not recommended to plant it in central Russia and in the northern regions.
Summer is cold there, and the culture simply does not have time to mature. But in the south of the country, where gardeners collect two crops of early-maturing varieties, you can safely plant late-ripening cabbage.
But some farms and summer residents practice the cultivation of late cabbage in Siberia, sowing seeds for seedlings at home. Late cabbage can also be grown in modern heated greenhouses..
Lists for growing in different conditions
There are many varieties and hybrids of cabbage, some can be planted directly in open ground with seeds, some by seedlings.
With the help of seedlings
The following varieties can be planted on seedlings:
- Moscow late - the heads of this cabbage grow up to 10 kg. Description of the Moscow late variety: late ripening, resistant to diseases and low temperatures, tolerates transportation well.
- Kharkov winter - late-ripening cabbage with a ripening period of 170 days. Heads of cabbage are not large, dense, with excellent taste, weighing 3.5 kg.
- Valentine f1- late hybrid, the growing season of which is 180 days. Without a seedling method, it can be grown only in the southern regions of Russia. Juicy tasty heads of cabbage weighing 4 kg. Long shelf life - more than six months.
- F1 Aggressor - a high-yielding, heat-resistant hybrid, with 5 kg heads of cabbage.
- Turkiz - late hybrid resistant to cracking, disease and drought.
In the open field
What are the best cabbage seeds for outdoor use? For long-term storage and salting, late-ripening varieties are planted on the site.
Let's consider them:
- Geneva - this is an early ripening variety, among the late varieties, cabbage will ripen in 140 days. The variety has good lightness and transportability. The shelf life is very long - it can lie until the next harvest.
- Glory 1305 - this late-ripening variety is the leader in popularity among vegetable growers in Russia, for its excellent taste and ease of care.
- Amager - a hybrid for long-term storage, resistant to pests and diseases. Heads of cabbage do not crack. This cabbage is consumed fresh, as it acquires a bitter taste when fermented.
- Slav - excellent late-ripening cabbage, which is good both fresh and sauerkraut.
- Belarusian - many experts consider it the most suitable for storage and winter harvesting.
Description of the best species
Late-ripening hybrid, fruitful, long-term storage. Heads of cabbage keep well for 12 months. Ripening period 140 days. The leaves are not large, raised, gray-green, bubbly with a waxy coating and waviness along the edges.
The weight of a head of cabbage will depend on the density of planting and can reach 6 kg, dense, with an even build. The plant is vigorous with an average outer and inner stalk. The plant is resistant to thrips and fusiariasis.
A late-ripening variety, with a ripening period of 4 months from the moment of planting seedlings in open ground. The forks are flat-round, dense, with a short stump. Cabbage is suitable for pickling and pickling. It is well transported without losing its presentation and can be stored for a long time in winter.
The root system of the hybrid is very powerful, so the hybrid tolerates dry periods... A high-yielding variety from one hectare harvested 600 centners, with proper agricultural technology. The mass of one head of cabbage reaches three kilograms.
A late-ripening hybrid that is grown both in a seedling and seedling way. The head of cabbage is dense with thin leaves and an attractive appearance. A small poker, and the weight of one fork is 5 kg. a distinctive feature of this variety is that its leaves have a high concentration of ascorbic acid and sugar.
The hybrid has a long shelf life, so it is grown by farms for sale.... The variety is universal, suitable for winter harvesting and for fresh consumption. The root system is strong, thanks to which the plant tolerates drought.
Important: Can be stored for 8 months from the day of harvest, while up to 10 kg of excellent quality heads of cabbage can be harvested per square meter.
Medium late hybrid, growing season 150 days. Horizontal rosette of light green leaves. The stump is not big. The head of cabbage is dense, flat-round in shape, white-yellow in the cut. The fork weighs up to three kilograms. Upon reaching the marketable yield, 630 c / ha can be harvested. The variety is resistant to fusarium.
Redbour kale f1 is a late ripening variety with dark purple curly leaves suitable for northern conditions. The bush grows 80 cm tall and weighs from 200 to 700 grams. The hybrid is frost-resistant, can withstand up to -18 degrees. It should be noted that after freezing, the cabbage becomes very tasty, juicy and soft.
Watch a video about Redborough collard:
White-headed, late-ripening variety with round, dense heads of cabbage. The weight of one fork can reach four kilograms. The leaves in the fork fit snugly together without forming voids. Sectional white cabbage, resistant to cracking. The hybrid can be stored for a long time without losing its taste, which only improves during maturation. If you plant cabbage with seedlings, then the crop can be harvested for 120 days - with seeds in the ground, after 160 days.
Late ripening, unpretentious hybrid, with a ripening period of 135 days after transplanting. The plant is erect, vigorous, with a rounded head weighing 6 kg. It should be noted that the variety gives a good yield even on poor soils, and is resistant to cracking. Stored for a very long time up to 12 months. High-yielding hybrid, stress resistant, well transported.
Late-ripening cabbage varieties are grown by many gardeners, summer residents and large farms. They have excellent characteristics and are suitable for sourdough. Thanks to the long storage time, you can have fresh cabbage salad on the table all winter.