We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Garlic is very common in folk medicine due to its unique properties. There are many recipes that promise cleansing and restoration of the body.
In addition, garlic, due to its taste, is a component of many dishes. However, many fear negative impacts.
Therefore, you need to make sure whether it is safe to consume garlic for liver disease. Next, we will tell you what effect the vegetable has on the body, whether it can be eaten with liver diseases, whether it can be cleaned.
Why does the question about the safety of use arise?
Garlic contains a large amount of active substances that determine the therapeutic effect. However, these same substances have not only positive, but also negative effects.
Therefore, it is necessary to consider how the substances affect the affected organs.
Garlic bulbs contain phytoncides, which provide the antibacterial effect of this vegetable. Essential oil is of no less importance, as it determines the specific smell and unique taste of garlic.
The vegetable also contains nitrogenous compounds, compounds containing sulfur (diallyl disulfide, allylpropyl disulfide, dipropyl disulfide, etc.), thiocyanate - alliin (a precursor of allicin), phytosterols, vitamin C and other vitamins, bulbs concentrate selenium in a fairly large amount.
Is it allowed to eat a vegetable with a diseased organ?
The liver is the main organ that deals with the neutralization of chemical compounds that enter our body. Therefore, in the presence of liver diseases, when this function is impaired, an excess of chemical compounds that are rendered harmless from the liver can further harm the organs.
And yet, is it possible to eat a vegetable with a diseased organ? In moderation it is possible, garlic will have a positive, cleansing effect on the liver. Moreover, dry garlic extract is a part of the drug used for diseases of the liver, gallbladder and common constipation.
Does what ailment matter?
It does not matter what kind of disease - cerrosis or hepatitis C. The only thing that matters is how much the organ is affected.
With significant liver damage, you should not consume excessive amounts of garlic. If you have any diseases of the digestive system, you should consult with your doctor before you start taking it and make sure that it will not harm you.
How does it affect?
- Garlic bulbs are rich in nutrients. Garlic contains the amino acid methionine, which protects liver cells from damage by external factors. Also, thanks to methionine, hepatocytes restore their structure and the functions of the organ are stabilized.
- The active substances contained in the vegetable stimulate the outflow of bile, which prevents stagnation in the bile ducts, relieves the liver and prevents the process of stone formation in the gallbladder and biliary tract.
- Garlic juice helps to lower blood cholesterol levels, which prevents the development of atherosclerosis.
- Phytoncides have an antibacterial effect, reducing the risk of developing inflammatory reactions.
- Bulbs contain allicin. Entering the body and being absorbed into the circulatory system, allicin causes an increase in the production of enzymes that cause cell destruction.
- Metabolites formed during metabolism have a toxic effect on hepatocytes.
- Digestion requires a serious load on the pancreas.
- The sulfur-containing compounds included in the composition can negatively affect the body, cause headaches, slow down the reaction, and lead to distraction.
We talked in more detail about who can and who is contraindicated to eat garlic in a separate article.
Is it able to cleanse?
Garlic can cleanse the liver and bile ducts, but if you have a medical condition, you should consult your doctor to make sure there are no contraindications.
You can eat a vegetable no more than 1 wedge a day. A large amount of garlic negatively affects the entire body as a whole. Garlic is best consumed cooked, either as an ingredient or as a seasoning in a dish. It is better to divide the daily intake into several doses in order to minimize the load on the body as much as possible.
Garlic is a very healthy product. It has a wide variety of healing effects. However, at the same time, it also has negative properties. Therefore, it is necessary to weigh the pros and cons before starting to take it for medicinal purposes.