We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Tarragon (tarragon) is a common perennial plant that resembles wormwood and has many healing properties. To preserve its beneficial qualities as long as possible, an extract is prepared from tarragon.
Its specific spicy tonic taste and pleasant aroma have contributed to the widespread use of tarragon extract in cooking as a seasoning, as well as in the form of a traditional medicine. In the article we will tell you more about this interesting product, its properties and methods of application.
What it is?
Tarragon extract is a concentrated vegetable extract from tarragon wormwood... There are several types of tarragon extracts - water, alcohol and oil.
reference... By the origin of raw materials, the extract is divided into two groups - prepared from dried tarragon and fresh.
Tarragon extract has a sharp sweetish taste, tart spicy aroma, golden color and serves as a component of many canned, snack, dessert dishes and drinks.
Benefits and chemical composition
- Nutritional value per 100 g:
- calorie content - 296 Kcal;
- proteins - 23 g;
- fats - 7.6 g;
- carbohydrates - 50.3 g.
- Vitamins and minerals:
- vitamin A - 0.4 mg;
- vitamin PP - 0.6 mg;
- thiamine - 4 mcg;
- riboflavin - 45 mcg;
- ascorbic acid - 12 mg;
- folic acid - 36 mcg;
- calcium - 43 mg;
- magnesium - 70.2 mg;
- sodium - 34 mg;
- potassium - 244.6 mg;
- phosphorus - 53.3 mg;
- iron - 0.46 mg;
- iodine - 9.5 mcg.
- Other substances (up to 3% extract):
- coumarins (scoparon, scopoletin, resins);
- lactones (artemidin, artemidol, herniarin, mutoxicumarin, dracumerin, sakuranetin, elimycin).
Useful properties of the plant
- Strengthening the immune system.
- Acceleration of metabolism.
- Improving the discharge of mucus and phlegm from the respiratory tract.
- Antiviral protection enhancement.
- Strengthening potency.
- Elimination of menstrual pain.
- Replenishment of vitamin C deficiency.
- Improved peristalsis.
- Relieve stress.
Tarragon extract gently soothes the nervous system and has a sedative effect, helps to lengthen and improve the quality of sleep, relieves inflammation in the intestines, is used in aromatherapy for insomnia and depression, has a tonic effect. Also tarragon extract is used in the treatment of gingivitis, glossitis and stomatitis.
Read more about the medicinal and beneficial qualities of tarragon and possible contraindications for human health in this article.
Next, we suggest watching a video about what useful properties the tarragon plant has:
How is it different from fresh tarragon?
Tarragon extract is a ready-made squeeze of all the beneficial substances of the plant in the form of oil or non-oily liquid, therefore, a small amount of it contains a high concentration of vitamins, minerals and esters, which allows using a smaller amount of the product than fresh tarragon.
The extract shows its healing properties faster than a fresh plant, which makes the treatment faster and easier. Unlike fresh tarragon, the plant extract can be used by inhalation.
How and in what cases is it used?
Tarragon extract is not included in the register of medicines, therefore it is used only in two areas:
- In cooking:
- For canning vegetables, fruits and mushrooms, making sauces and dressings for soups and salads, baking.
- As a flavor enhancer for meat and fish dishes.
- When boiling vinegars.
- In the manufacture of alcoholic and non-alcoholic carbonated drinks.
- In folk medicine:
- For acute respiratory diseases, pneumonia and bronchitis.
- With pulmonary tuberculosis.
- Insomnia, depression, loss of appetite, overwork.
- Menstrual irregularities.
- Pain in teeth and joints.
- Diseases of the oral cavity.
- Digestive disorders.
- Vascular diseases.
- During dietary meals.
- With edema.
The extract is added to food as a dietary supplement that has the property of enhancing the taste of dishes.
For your information... In medicine, the extract is taken separately from food, up to 3 times a day, 10-15 drops, inhalations are carried out, prefabricated medicinal teas are brewed.
Where to get?
Making tarragon extract at home is possible, but it is a laborious and complex procedure that takes 21 days. Most often, an oil extract is prepared - the plant's infusion in vegetable oil, and alcoholic - an infusion on alcohol, water and glycerin. Extraction is carried out from July to October using freshly harvested tarragon... For extraction, the non-lignified upper parts of the plant are collected.
- Crushed raw materials (all parts of the plant, except for the roots) - 800 grams.
- Refined vegetable oil without a strong odor (jojoba, corn, linseed, sunflower) - 1 liter.
- Dishes - ceramic or glass containers with a sealed lid.
- Grind tarragon, but not to a powder state. The resulting particles should be no more than 3-4 mm in size. If dry raw materials are used (more preferable), then it must be crushed into small grains.
- Squeeze out the raw material (remove the released juice) twice with an interval of 2 hours.
- Place in a glass container and fill with oil so that it rises above the level of raw materials by 1.5-2.0 cm.
- Infuse raw materials for 3 weeks in a bright, warm room (on the windowsill of a sunny room, near the battery). Do not stir, do not open containers.
- Shake the container daily, but not more than 2 times a day.
- At the end of the extraction period, the raw material is removed, the resulting oil extract is poured into vials with sealed lids and stored in a cool dry place.
- 40% alcohol (it is strictly forbidden to use 96% alcohol, which tan and destroy raw materials) - 700 ml.
- Water - 300 ml.
- Glycerin - 400 g.
- Tarragon fresh or dried - 800 g.
The preparation of an alcoholic extract using the technology is almost the same as an oil extract., with the exception of some rules:
- first, the raw materials are poured with water, and only then - with alcohol;
- the water must be distilled;
- extraction takes place in a dark room;
- if a juicy fresh plant is used, then its juice dilutes alcohol, so 70% alcohol is taken.
After the expiration of the extraction period, drain the raw materials and pour the extract into vials with sealed lids.
Important! The alcoholic extract should not come into contact with fire.
Tarragon contains a rich set of elements beneficial to human health, especially for women. On the basis of the plant, tea, homemade medicinal infusions and tinctures, including moonshine, are made. The herb with a unique taste and aroma is used in medicine, cooking as a seasoning.
The extract can be purchased by ordering online or from private manufacturers in Moscow and St. Petersburg. This extract is not sold in pharmacies or food stores.
The price for a bottle of 25 ml ranges from 43 to 87 rubles, and on average it costs 65 rubles (2600 rubles per liter). When buying, pay attention to the appearance of the extract - it should be homogeneous, without sediment, without air bubbles, golden-green color, light and almost odorless.
Tarragon extract is a unique herbal extract that has a lot of beneficial properties for the body. Regular use of the extract strengthens the body's defenses, restores the functioning of the nervous system, intestines and respiratory organs, and also eliminates the symptoms of fatigue and exhaustion. Tarragon extract can be used from childhood as a food supplement or as a traditional medicine.